Monday 17 January 2011

Kina Grannis - A humble, lovely singer

Kina Grannis is a girl with a lovely voice, face, and great songs!! She won some contest ( like Doritos Crash the Super Bowl, and the recent one Sirius XM’s 2010) which proves that she really is good..




I came to know her (know = youtube + twitter stalking) at first is because of David Choi and her collaboration in the song My Time with You.. I love the melodies, and lyrics, and even their humming part.. I just simply love it as a whole!
I had to admit, her voice and her simple acts was enough to capture my ear's heart (if ear ever has heart)..
Check out the video that captures me down here!



Yap.. Since then (2 months ago?) I started stalking following her twitter, and found out that she reply most of the tweets she got.. And that she does have (or at least tried to make) a personal interaction with her fans  (kinerds, kination, and even she replied me and my friend!)..

She was previously unsigned, and released some self-released albums such as: Sincerely, Me ;  One More In the Attic ; In Memory of the Singing Bridge ; and the latest one, Stairwells..

I'm not really sure, but I think now she's signed by an independent label, and working on re-launching of Stairwells with additional songs..

What I like about her is that even the Kinerds do have a good friendship with each others, even with Kina and her family. Her shows, like the most recent one in El Rey is a very warm-communicative concert, where she manage to meet-and-greet the fans/supporters afterwards. Kina's sisters also appears alot at her videos, singing with her. Simple, warm, attractive. I would say those three words explain Kina's style..

Oh, one of my most favourite song is VALENTINE.. You can get it for free from Kina, at the link here.
(see, she's that nice!)
Do support her by buying her albums (although Stairwells are currently sold out now), itunes are still a good way to support her http://itunes.com/kinagrannis!


Here is Valentine - Kina Grannis



Kina rocks!!



UPDATE:

During one of her QA twitter session, I asked her of going to Indonesia.. As you probably knew, David Choi is having a show to Singapore and Indonesia this June.. I was wondering how awesome it is to have both of them going here for a concert.. Here's what Kina replied..


1 comment:

  1. yes, is a great to hear if kina going to indonesia. lovely kina. i'll waiting her.

    ReplyDelete