Wednesday 11 May 2011

Memories from my 17th Birthday Party

I finally found the CD that contained some of my 17th birthday party photo..

If there is a bitter sweet experience i think this definetly is..  Will write more in detail later, but..

Meanwhile, enjoy the photo! :)


18th March 2006, Hotel Horizon, Semarang..
This is me..


This birthday party was planned in a rush, around 2 weeks before the date. My school has a fund-raising concert going on my birthday (March 17th), and I'm serving as vice comittee,  so the birthday has to be postponed one day.

The theme was "Zorro" and Basically we made it like a mexican theme, all the performers, clothes, and dances.. (Although I don't think my dress is colourful enough)

This is the dancers helping as as the "short-walking" before I entered the place..

At first the event organizer said that it will be awesome if the "Zorro" pull me up on the dancing.. I REFUSE it.. First, I barely knew the guy! Second, I realize, I'm heavy!! (Even though I am heavier now)..
By the way, look at the dancers' colourful outfit..!

Oh and I did mentioned about the concert before, right? This is the picture of some of the performers.. "Rising Star".. The concert was quite successful.. There were Bobby "One Way", Edward Chen, and these guys. One thing I learnt from that experience, artists are unique. Being a LO is NOT an awesome job..

Me and the "Rising Star"

Followings are the pictures of the attendees.. People who crossed my life.. :)

Me and My Teachers..
(Mr. Seno, Mr. Sam, Mr. Ungguh, Mr. Edy, Mr. Zaen, Mr. Dar, Mrs. Wiwik, Mrs. Tina, Mrs.. ... ?)

Me and My Classmates (XII IPA 1)
Ribkah-Car-Mel-Devi-Love-Steviana-Nova-Son2-Yaya-Ririn-Ida-Cindy-Yoyo-Deasy
Johan-Ivan-Aldo-Chr-Bima-Ronny

Me and LifeTv Crew


 Me and My Friends (thanks for helping me out!! They dance for the party..)
Cun-Nyoman-Car-Love-Ardy-Dini-Nova-Son-Gizca-Ryan-Steviana-Alvian-Alex

And.. At last..
Me and my big family <3
Yes-Gres-Felix-Tir-Anne-Mom-Dad-Ayi Ling2-Abo-Uncle Gandhi-Adri-Ot

My little cousin, Anaya <3
 


My lovely sister <3

My family <3



Lesson learned:
As i mentioned, I'm not really a party-girl type. I still felt sorry for "forcing" my parents to held this party.. All i could say, this is one un-nessesary thing, which make me happy AT THAT TIME, but after a few days, no happiness left..

Why I fell bad:
  • I had people who barely even knew me in school asking for the invitation card, just because it's held in a hotel!
  • I had people leaving when they know the party is not a party with loud music etc!
  • I had my self fell bad knowing that the church service at that time lacking personels at the camera team because they're either coming at my party or helping (working) at my party!
  • I felt disapointed at the EO for choosing certain performances (clowns at 17th birthday party?)which ended making my friends bored and complained.. (I did asked them to stop it before the situation getting worse.. I won't choose that as well if I knew it was that bad)
The EO was really helpful.. They offer cheap price.. They listened what I want, they come to my house..  They are new on the market, and I knew them from church, these guys are lovely. Maybe, it's just that I wasn't a party lover, and so my decision was not good enough..

The party COST A LOT! I felt bad at my parents as well, knowing how much money they have to let go :(
And.. my dad loses his expensive shirt on the hotel room!

Why I held a party?
I think, i just want to be exsist at that time.. The pressure of knowing friends who celebrated their 17th birthdays.. The pressure of feeling not-worthed if you're not celebrating it in a HUGE way.. And I think it's mostly because my own pride, wanted to prove that I can have a party? (I'm being silly)..
And so.. thats why i decided to held it.. :(

Lesson learned:
Always think twice...!
I love how my parents do not stopped me from choosing the bad decision like this, to make me learn how to choose wisely.. (I knew they might be looking at me anxiously knowing how much they spent for giving me such lesson)

Oh well.. I love my dad and mom, and my sister..
<3


Ohhh.. And I realize.. I do love more private celebration.. Dinner with friends you really care about are much better than parties.. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment