Thursday 5 May 2011

Jubilee Project - A World Without Moms: Happy Mother's Day

Happy mother's day!!

As Indonesian, I celebrated mother's day on Dec 22nd. However, here in Singapore, i found out that people celebrate Mother's day on May!! And it turned out that second sunday in May is celebrated as the international mother's day.. :)

So, I think I'll celebrate Mother's day twice.. I love my mom, and i personally think she deserves more than two days :D


For this special day, The Jubilee Project launch a new video, titled Jubilee Project - A World Without Moms: Happy Mother's Day. You could watch it here..

Till now (May 5th, 2011), for each view there will be ONE cents donated to Every Mother Counts.
Did you know that ONE woman dies every 90 SECONDS from complication of pregnancy? 90% of the death are preventable. It means, with enough money, the death rates can be reduced. Every Mother Counts is an advocacy and mobilization campaign to increase education and support for maternal and child health. Their main goal is to improve the lives of girls and women worldwide. More info on this organization can be found at www.everymothercounts.org.


I saw this video, and I remembered my mom.. As you might know, or you might not know.. My sister and I live in Singapore, and my parents live in Semarang (Indonesia). We'll need a two hour flight to see each other. We sometimes called, or use facebook messages, or msn to keep ourself updated with whats going on here and there.. Thank God for internet!
My mom is a strong woman. She's my role model. She's not perfect, but she's cute, funny, and adorable. I love her, for being her :)
I'll see my mom in May!! YAaaaaayyy.. :) And we might tour to Europe together :)
I love my mooommmm <3

P.S. I love my daaaaad as well <3

P.S.S. I love my sister as welllll <3

Haha.. I love my family, I'm so blessed :)


About Jubilee Project

The Jubilee Project makes videos for a good cause. They are Eddie Lee, Jason Lee and Eric Lui - 3 dreamers trying to change the world.

By watching their videos, we're actually taking a part in donating, changing the world and ofcourse helping others..
So, share the news, share the links..

Oh, and you can be the donator also.. Just sign up here!
Donator agrees to give a cent for every viewer watching a certain video. And, if you're a student who have limited amount of money (like me), you could put a cap on your donation, for example, maximum $30, etc.. It's up to you! :)

Follow their twitter, @JubileeProject! And also on TheJubileeProject's facebook!!

Anndddd... they sell new t-shirt... "Doing Good is Contagious". http://www.jubileeproject.bigcartel.com

The t-shirt goes something like thisssss...


#DoingGoodisContagious

No comments:

Post a Comment