Thursday 3 May 2012

Book Review: Bittersweet Surrender

I've read this book last March, but forgot to put up a review.
So, the book was from Thomas Nelson Publishers, called Bittersweet Surrender. The writter is Diann Hunt.
I picked this book from BookSneeze, mainly because of the cover. Yes, CHOCOLATES!!

Carly Westlake is an owner of a spa, famous for their chocolate treatment. (hmmmm... I wanted to go to spa, badly! :D)

But the story was a bit dissapointing for me. Maybe because I can't relate to her, at all.
It was good, but not that good.
Okay, back to the plot.

So, Carly is a cancer survivor. She's divorced. Her husband dumped her when she was struggeling with cancer. BAD GUY! :(
Her spa is quite famous, but the business itself isn't that good. There seems to be something wrong with the finance or the way the spa was run. Carly best friend, Scott, helped her managing the tax and financial admins. Scott's wife was Carly's best friend, and helped her managing the spa's stock purchase. She passed away few months back, but Scott remained to help Carly on the Spa. Scott has just found the reason why her spa wasn't doing well, but he kept that as a secret, because it might broken Carly's heart. He was conflicted, and silently promise to keep by Carly's side.
On the other hand, Carly's high school crush, Jake, is back in the hood! And with his daughter! Romance alert!!

anyway...

Later through this book, we'll see how Carly learned some secrets of her family and friends, remembered the past, and yet keep on moving.

You'll have to be patient though, as the plot moves slowly. I think i won't buy this book if i saw it on the store. Truthfully, I read it till the end, just because I hate to not finishing a book.
This review is my own opinion. No one forced me to say good things, or bad things about this book. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment