Monday 31 May 2010

Give Thanks

This week's sunday kids service has put "Give thanks" as the main theme.

I know how hard it is to give thanks. And even in kids' eyes, it will be harder to give thanks.

When I said the theme was about giving thanks in everything, a kid spontaneously said "hah.. no way! if momma angry at me, should I laugh? if I get a red mark on my exams, should I smile? If my friends said something that pissed me, should I be calm and just relax? I'm not crazy!!"
As the kid has said, there could be dilemas to give thanks.
Well.. In my opinion, that's a simple truth. Giving thanks is easy when things go as what we wanted to. When things are out of our plans, it WILL be hard to give thanks.
But the question is WOULD WE STILL GIVE THANKS? It's not only the matter of what people think about us, not about what other people do, it is about WHAT WE DO. What our RESPONDs are.

Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to THE HOLY ONE
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son..

The first step to give thanks, is by realizing that Jesus has take the first step to save us. We've given the chance to be saved, and knowing Him is one of the biggest miracle. Then, give thanks for the air we breath freely, thanks for the sun shining brightly, thanks for our family, thanks for the chance of living yet another day in our life..
There are lot more reasons to give thanks.. Let's start the day with speaking with Him.. NOW!
Thanks God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment