Tuesday 13 July 2010

Review: Wonders Never Cease, A Novel by Tim Downs

I just received this book from Booksneeze..
At first time, I thought this would be a nice novel to read if I have the time..
But after starting 2 chapters, I know I have to finish it, and I did finish it in a day! :)

The story is about ex-movie star, Olivia Hayden, who's at the hospital. One of the nurse, named Kemp, tried to make a fortune. He, along with Olivia's agent, and also a publisher, managed to make a scheme, so Olivia will believe that she's choosen by angel to pass a message-by making a book!

During the whole manipulation process, Kemp's girlfriend's daughter, named Leah, got involved. And she claimed to see a real spirit.. Who's that??? No one believed that Leah actually sees angel. . Natalie, her mother got confused as the school started to feel that Leah got a mental problem..

Lots of entertaining chapters happen, especially because involving money, celebrities and mystical things, and the ending is a bit unpredictable..
I didn't really feel deep about how the characters.. But I love the twist, it's a bit shocking, because I assume that at the end Olivia will realize, or Kemp and his team got caught, or something like that.. Anyway, I think Tim Downs set a great ending for this novel. And still leaving me with curiousity.. Is there an angel for real outside there :)

I'm looking forward for the next novels by him..

No comments:

Post a Comment